This Third Edition of 21st Century Business has been updated to reflect the changing economic circumstances in Ireland and recent changes in Irish business legislation.
- The book remains strongly exam-focused and was completed following an in-depth review of all past Leaving Certificate Business papers.
- The book continues to provide essential ‘evaluations’. All laws on the course are evaluated, as well as many other topics. This fully prepares students for a style of question that has appeared on every Higher Level exam paper to date.
- All syllabus changes regarding laws are included – completely updated sections on Data Protection Act 1988/2003; Unfair Dismissals Act 1977/2007; and Consumer Protection Act 2007.
- All chapters on the economy, taxation and government are completely rewritten to reflect the current economic and political situation.
- Includes an extensive rewrite of the EU chapter to incorporate recent changes including the banking and euro crises.
- Provides numerous fully worked examples and step-by-step guides to the mathematical calculations on the course – this is another question that has appeared on every single Higher Level paper to date.
- Use of social networking by business is discussed throughout the revised edition.
- Real-world business examples continue to be a feature of the revised edition, with new and improved examples provided that will resonate with all students.
- All concepts explained in a way that is totally accessible to students of all abilities – suitable for both the Ordinary and Higher Level courses.