This new book replaces the bestselling Basic Engineering Technology. It is written for the new Junior Cycle Engineering course, covering its three strands – Processes and Principles, Design Application and Mechatronics – and catering for the four elements listed in the specification for each strand.
- Describes useful kits for the teaching of mechatronics – one of the fastest-growing branches of engineering. Also includes sample mechatronic projects and examples of mechatronic machines.
- With 70% of marks allocated for the prescribed project, practical activities will remain an important part of the Engineering course. To help students develop the disciplinary skills and knowledge required to engineer projects in a safe way, processes and principles are again covered in detail.
- Improved presentation of the information, with more emphasis on a tabular format to facilitate the acquisition of knowledge.
- Widespread use of diagrams and pictures, which are detailed and in full colour.
- Questions included at the end of each section facilitate the structuring of study and homework, and minimise the need for note-taking.
Author: Seán Ó Tuairisg