Written by Seán McDermott, former Chairperson of the French Teacher’s Association and an experienced examiner and monitor of the French oral exams, this comprehensive textbook is divided into easy-to-use sections making it the most effective guide in preparing for the oral and aural exam.
- Current and up-to-date topics
- Bright and visually appealing design and updated with new artwork
- Entire audio script printed in the book
Section 1 includes a comprehensive examination section with tips and advice. The marking scheme explains how marks are awarded for each of the four skill areas in the oral exam:
Section 2 contains 18 topic-based updated units, covering the most commonly asked topics in the oral exam. This section:
- Provides essential vocabulary and expressions for each topic
- Is packed with questions and answers allowing students to generate their own conversations
- Features 18 exam-based sample conversations
- Includes a self-assessment section in every chapter
- Includes listening exercises to help prepare students for the aural exam
- Explains the main grammatical points and contextualizes them in relation to exam topics
- Section 3 addresses 12 updated current issues, providing students with a rich resource of audio material and relevant vocabulary and expressions
- Section 4 is the Document section and it includes tips, useful vocabulary and documents for students to practise with.