A new textbook written for the FETAC modules Care Skills (5N2770) and Care Support (5N0758), introducing the knowledge, skills and competencies required to work effectively in a healthcare setting and to care for clients in a safe and hygienic environment.
Part 1: Care Skills
- Examines the physical, emotional, social, psychological and spiritual needs of people in care.
- Addresses the hygiene and daily healthcare needs of dependent clients and the importance of reporting changes in a client’s condition to the supervisor.
- Promotes key interpersonal skills including empathy, respect, patience and effective communication.
- Highlights client safety and security procedures involved in washing, showering, positioning, moving and handling.
- Outlines correct procedures in the use, cleaning and replacement of a range of patient equipment.
Part 2: Care Support
- Presents the roles, responsibilities and entitlements of a healthcare worker.
- Examines the healthcare worker’s role within a multidisciplinary healthcare team.
- Provides focus on the need for planning to meet the needs of the individual client as well as the healthcare worker.
- Encourages reflection on professional relationships and personal effectiveness as a means of development and growth
Care Skills (5N2770) and Care Support (5N0758) as part of the following major awards:
Community Care (5M2786)
Health Service Skills (5M3782)
Healthcare Support (5M4339)
Nursing Studies (5M4349)