Comprehensive textbook containing all major components of the revised NFQ Level 5 Community Health Services course (5M4468).
- Demonstrates how carers can minimise the effects of ageing through interaction combined with best practice and care.
- Illustrates how to care for and support people with a broad spectrum of needs, emphasising the importance of hands-on care in training.
- Explains the historical context of disability, with emphasis on the hidden disability of mental illness and how its related experiences can lead to marginalisation and stigmatisation.
- Provides an overview of dementia as experienced through the dimensions of health.
- Places a significant focus on the importance of reflective practice and mentoring as methods of self-evaluation and skills development.
- Communications section concentrates on therapeutic communications and the importance of understanding the legality of documentation in a care setting.
- Issues related to work experience are discussed in the context of a care setting.
NFQ Level 5 Community Health Services (5M4468)
NFQ Level 5 Healthcare Support (5M4339)
NFQ Level 5 Community Care (5M2786)