Communications for Healthcare
FETAC Level 5
A new textbook based on the revised QQI module (5N0690) introducing the relevant knowledge, skill and competence to communicate verbally and non-verbally within the context of any healthcare setting.
- Explains how to use verbal and non-verbal communication in a personal and work setting, including one-to-one and group/team situations, as well as formal and informal interaction.
- Highlights the importance of good listening skills in order to accurately receive and interpret information.
- Demonstrates appropriate verbal skills to effectively present a point of view in a group discussion, formal meeting or interview.
- Highlights specific barriers to communication in healthcare.
- Introduces various communication styles relevant to different situations in the workplace.
- Presents information on relevant legislation relating to communications, especially within a healthcare setting.
Health Service Skills (5M3782) • Healthcare Support (5M4339) • Nursing Studies (5M4349) • Community Health Services (5M4467) • Community Health Services (5M4468) • Applied Social Studies (5M2181) • Community Care (5M2786) • Community Development (5M3050)