Comprehensive and practical textbook presenting an overview of early childhood curriculum, exploring a range of early childhood theorists, their pedagogical principles and how these complement and reinforce the underlying philosophies and themes of Aistear and Síolta.
- Explores a range of early childhood programme models, their approaches and how to implement them in both indoor and outdoor settings.
- Presents the role of the adult as critical to the support of child well-being and belonging through relevant curriculum planning and implementation.
- Relevant legislation and national practice guidelines underpin the suggested practical application of theories.
- Details key early learning themes:
- Early Learning Philosophy
- Early Learning Environment
- Early Learning Literacy and Numeracy
- Early learning arts and culture
- Presents reflective practice and mentoring as a method of self-evaluation and skills development.
The mandatory component of the Early Childhood Care and Education Major Award (6M2007):
FETAC Level 6 Early Childhood Curriculum (6N1944)
And the elective component:
FETAC Level 6 Early Learning Philosophy (6N1932)
FETAC Level 6 Early Learning Environment (6N1933)
FETAC Level 6 Early Learning Literacy and Numeracy (6N1935)
FETAC Level 6 Early Learning Art and Culture (6N1936)