A comprehensive dictionary to support learning at home and in school.
- Includes over 45,000 words and phrases in alphabetical order with clear and simple definitions to help with reading, writing and spelling.
- Example sentences show how words are used in practice.
- Special panels on grammar usage, word origins, and countries and peoples of the world are given to extend language skills.
- In addition, an Irish section at the back includes:
- A select dictionary of Irish words used in English.
- A select dictionary of Irish place names.
- Mammals of the Irish countryside.
- Presidents of Ireland.
- Historical timeline.