Fire and Ice 1 is an exciting textbook for students of First Year English. This update to the best-selling, much-loved series develops oral, reading and writing skills and brings joy to the English classroom.
- Thematic collections have been given a new dominant genre focus
- Learning Outcomes are clearly highlighted and broken down into student-friendly Learning Intentions
- Fresh choice of texts will appeal to learners of all abilities
- Prepare, Engage and Create activities cater for different abilities
- Mind Your Language sections systematically teach grammar and punctuation
- PIE, RAFT and CCMC strategies are taught
- Show What You Know tasks have a new focus on self- and peer-assessment
The Fire and Ice 1 package includes:
- Writing Skills Book
- Teacher's Resource Book with detailed planning material
- A suite of digital resources, including recordings of all poetry and selected prose and curriculum-focused videos, available on GillExplore.ie
Fire and Ice 1 comes with FREE eBooks of the textbook and Writing Skills Book! See the inside front cover for details. Gill Education eBooks can be accessed both online and offline. Adopting teachers also get access to a free eBook of the Teacher’s Resource Book.