Hands-On Paper 1 - Leaving Certificate English Ordinary Level
Hands-On Paper 1 – The Essential Comprehending and Composing Toolkit provides students with the tools they need to get to grips with Leaving Certificate English Ordinary Level Paper 1.
Hands-On Paper 1 is the only dedicated Paper 1 book to take a thematic approach, and offer three texts together at a time, as they appear on the examination.
This book contains everything a student will require to be fully prepared for their Paper 1 examination.
- Practical examination advice
- Answering strategies
- Six full sample examination papers
- A range of comprehension text types – interview, speech, open letter, magazine article, blog post, fiction and non-fiction extracts, personal essay, diary entry, review, short story, visual text
- Commentary on the different genres
- Comprehending questions modelled on recent examinations
- Annotated sample answers for all Comprehending question types
- A dedicated Composing section, with information on the different essay types
- Annotated sample answers for recent Composing examination questions
- Grammar advice integrated throughout
- A full spelling and grammar section at the end
As students work through this book, they will become equipped with the skills and ledge to be successful in Paper 1.