Updated edition of this popular book introducing human growth and development from conception to old age, with reference to an Irish context.
- New to this edition:
- Updated for the Human Growth and Development award (5N1279)
- New chapter emphasises the application of knowledge to practical, work-based problems and scenarios
- Greater prominence given to the older stage of lifespan development with reference to the Creating Excellence in Dementia Care report 2012
- Irish and international facts, research, cases and statistics are used to:
- explain normal patterns of lifespan development;
- introduce variations within the normal range;
- highlight the factors that can affect development throughout the lifespan.
- Examines the stages from infancy to old age within the framework of physical, cognitive and socio-emotional theories.
NFQ Level 5 Human Growth and Developemnt component module, as part of:
- Early Childhood Care & Education (5M2009)
- Applied Social Studies (5M2181)
- Community Care (5M2786)
- Health Service Skills (5M3782)
- Healthcare Support (5M4339)
- Nursing Studies (5M4349)
- Community Health Services (5M4468)
Also suitable for:
- CACHE courses in Childcare and Health and Social Care
- Montessori courses and Returning to Education courses
- Introduction to Psychology courses