Safety & Health at Work
FETAC Level 5
A new textbook based on the revised QQI module (5N1794) introducing the knowledge, skill and competence to promote and maintain safety and health in a work environment.
- Analyses the duties of employers and employees as specified in current safety, health and welfare at work legislation.
- Discusses the role and function of the Health and Safety Authority.
- Examines the importance of communication, training and safe work practices.
- Explains the causes, prevention, reporting and recording of accidents and dangerous occurrences, and presents guidance on emergency procedures.
- Identifies specific hazards and risks when working with equipment, and the appropriate procedures for use and disposal of hazardous materials and waste.
- Examines issues related to infection prevention and control, including emergency procedures for suspected contamination.
- Investigates risk factors in relation to safety, including the effects of medication, alcohol and drugs.
- Details the contents of a first aid kit and their appropriate uses
All courses where Safety and Health at Work (5N1794) is a component module.