Spelling Made Fun is a new and innovative fun, multi-sensory spelling programme developed specifically for Irish Primary schools and has been extensively reviewed by practising teachers nationwide. Workbook E is suitable for 4th Class.
- 32 weekly units of work with 16 spellings in each unit . Each unit has 2 pages of fun activities to reinforce the spelling .
- The words in the spelling lists are words relevant to the pupils' writing and are presented with words visually similar grouped together to make it easier for pupils to memorise the words .
- Many of the activities focus on the visual letter patterns in the words and additional words to those in the lists with similar patterns are included in the activities .
- The activities include crosswords, close procedure exercises, spelling rules- plural rules,phonic activities, rules when adding the suffixes, full, ing, ed , spelling tips, mnemonics, word searches, alphabetical order, homophones, homonyms, prefixes, suffixes, proof reading, word shapes, segmenting words into syllables, matching phrases to make sentences and superlative adjectives.
- Activities on compound words, the suffixes -tion and -ture, prefixes dis and re , soft and an activity on nationalities are also included.
- Lots of opportunities are provided to apply the spelling in different contexts to ensure understanding of the words the pupils are learning to spell .
- Spelling lists with practice sheets for each unit to be completed at home each night using the Look, Say, Cover , Write Check technique.
- Self-evaluation weekly record sheets .
- an overall record grid to record scores for each unit for both teachers and pupils to monitor and track progress.
- Dictation is an essential element of the programme . It is designed to accompany the
Spelling Made Fun With Visual Patterns Teachers Guide Middle Book 2 level 5